BUILD A REVOLUTIONCOLD STORAGE
MEGASLAB® is the future for Cold Storage facilities.
It’s an revolutionary change to the way concrete is made.
We didn’t improve upon concrete, we completely re-invented it.
There is a long list of pain points when it comes to Cold Storage and concrete. To name a few - incredibly thick slabs with rebar that conflicts with your rack installation, spalled joints, curled floors and delamination. There have been slight improvements to concrete to combat it's bad behavior and resistance to the cold environment, but no improvements would be classified as revolutionary. Until now.
There have been numerous expensive attempts to reduce joints and increase durability.
For instance, making concrete 'expand to fight shrinkage' has been around since the 60s; it is a difficult task to get it right, and the pour sizes and sequence is limited. Not to mention that the environment has to be just right for concrete to be placed. Others include spreading additional rock into the surface and dry shake hardeners; all in an attempt to increase durability.
Unfortunately these old techniques come at a high-cost and delamination is not uncommon.
MEGASLAB® for Cold Storage Is Concrete Re-Invented.
It's the new thing. It's revolutionary. It's going to take Cold Storage by storm.
- No rebar.
- Incredibly flat surface.
- Single panels as large as 200' x 200' with zero control joints.
- Increased impact and abrasion resistance.
- Dense durable surface – and no densifier needed.
- No trap rock or hardeners needed
- Dramatic curling reduction.
- Constant floor surface profile.
- Tilt Up compatible.
- No additional floor coatings are required.
- Faster installation than traditional cold storage slabs
- Increases real value of property.
- Robot resistant.
- Less damage to forklifts, robots and other equipment.
- Future proofs the facility.
- Lowest life cycle cost.
- Reduced cleaning and maintenance for facility and equipment.
- Reduced workers comp claims due to accidents.
- Dramatic reduction in lost goods due to tipped loads or other floor-related accidents.
- Cleaner floors.
- C02 reduction by up to 50%
Joint Problem Solved.MEGASLAB™ REDUCES THE NEED FOR JOINTS BY UP TO 95%
The Achilles Heel of concrete has always been the control joints, which leads to several costly challenges.
Slabs with control joints have always required more maintenance and upkeep, and often lead to ongoing equipment repair and reduced productivity. Especially when those steel tracks hit those joints on exterior slabs, spalling and breaking them open over time, giving you wider and wider joints allowing rain to penetrate and weaken that sub-grade below.
Our revolutionary MEGASLAB® concrete solution has solved this. We stretch the joints further out, making them armored MEGAJoints™. We install our own unique MEGASheet™ below the concrete which helps to protect the sub-grade from moisture.
drag blue bar left/right to compare 300' of traditional concrete with MEGASLAB®
WE ARMOR THEM
MEGAJoint™ is revolutionary in armored joint technology.
It out performs traditional straight armored joints by its ability to break up the direct impact of a forklift wheel, robot wheels or even the steel tracks of a CAT D8 Dozer. Not only does it protect the edges of MEGASLAB® but it provides incredible load transfer that surpasses that of any other type of load transfer device.